Sunday, August 5, 2012

Taking Creatine For The First Time

I have decided to step up from simply taking whey protein, and therefore I begun taking creatine this year. I therefore thought it would be good to write the affects this made so that others considering taking creatine can gain a greater idea of what to expect.

Firstly, the type of creatine you want is mono-hydrate creatine, or at least this is the one literally everyone recommends. It comes as a white powder, and I consumed it with a powerade, or a cheaper alternative.I have also read about absorbing creatine in other ways and I believe they're a load of rubbish! For example, there is a liquid form of creatine, but I haven't found any proper proof that this works at all, therefore deeming it pointless.
How much you take appeared to be hotly debated online, with some arguing that a 'loading phase' is the best way, whereas others argued that this was pointless. I decided based on what I read to go for the loading phase followed by the maintenance phase etc. The loading phase lasted 5 days, and I had 20grams through this period (split up as 4 separate takings, so 5 grams each time). The maintenance phase that followed was simply 5 grams a day.
One tip I found was that you shouldn't have it with anything that is acidic, therefore do not take the creatine mono-hydrate with orange juice, as this will be detrimental.
Apparently you also only absorb like 50% of what you consume of the creatine, and your body also can't store creatine, therefore it explains why it has such a sudden effect.
OK, now onto how it made me feel. First point is that I was recommended to take a large amount of water. This is because creatine is a water retentive, and makes the water go to the muscles. While this good, it also means that less water will be going to vital organs, therefore you need to drink far more water so that both your organs and your muscles are being given enough water. On top of all this extra water, it also seems to go through you much quicker when on creatine, meaning that you will constantly need the toilet. It is an annoying fact, however it is worth bearing in mind, especially on the first day you take the creatine.
I also felt relatively ill on the first day I took creatine, however this does wear off after not too long.
In the gym - You don't notice an effect directly, however you do notice nearing the end of sets you're not as tired and you do feel like you can push those extra 2 reps out. I did however notice it around mid day when I am sitting in the office, as I was filled with more energy than I felt I have ever had. This was extraordinary, however it happens every day I take creatine, I get a mad amount of energy around the middle of the day. I'm not complaining, however I do wish that I was in the gym at that point because I feel like I'm going to burst when it happens and I'm pretty sure I could dead-lift a building at that point in time.
Any-who, I hope this has helped you to gain an idea of what to expect when taking creatine, and feel free to comment or send me any questions in regards to creatine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
These substances contained in tea is very easily oxidized. When the leaves are exposed to sunlight, the oxidation process occurs. The type of tea that is generally known in the community is a green tea, Oolong tea (such as Java tea Oolung / Ulung), black tea and white tea. Green tea contains the most helpful as in brewing, this tea is not dried using sunlight but use special drying techniques. While other types of tea are processed by fermentation.

Polyphenols
Polyphenols in tea such as catechins and flavanols. These compounds act as antioxidants to capture free radicals in the body are also effective in preventing the growth of cancer cells in the body. Free radicals in our bodies due to environmental air pollution and also from the food we eat.

Vitamin E
In one cup of tea contains vitamin E as much as about 100-200 IU a day which is a necessity for the human body. This amount serves to maintain heart health and make your skin smooth.

Vitamin C
This vitamin serves as an immunity or resistance to the human body. In addition, vitamin C also acts as an antioxidant necessary for the human body's resistance to disease.

Vitamin A
Vitamin A which is in the form of beta-carotene tea is a vitamin that the body needs can be met.